Doing Digital Oslo
Time and Location
About the event
There has been lots of discussion of digital and open banking, banking-as-a-service, banking platforms, FinTech and TechFin and more over the past decade. This all indicates that we are in a decade of rapid cycle change that presents huge challenges and huge opportunities. Billion dollar unicorns appear rapidly, whilst internet giants achieve global domination.
How are banks dealing with these changes and are any banks showing leadership? Well yes, a few are. With all the gloom merchants saying that traditional banking is doomed, a few banks have made radical moves to adapt and survive. Chris Skinner selected five of those banks to share their experiences. BBVA and ING (Europe), DBS and China Merchants Bank (Asia) and JPMorgan Chase (USA). In detailed interviews, and with wide-ranging commentary, he has discovered the secrets of how not just adapt and survive, but how to thrive in this sea change of finance and technology.
In this special meeting of NFI which marks the European launch of his new book Doing Digital, we have selected a group of speakers to comment on their own digital transformation journeys whilst Chris will open the meeting with the key lessons learned in his new book.
Agenda Oslo meeting February 12
- 12:30 Registration at Swedbank, Filipstad Brygge 1, Aker Brygge
- 13:00 Welcome by Swedbank, Tone Lunde Bakker, General Manager
- 13:15 NFI, Iren Tranvåg, CEO
- 13:30 NFI, Chris Skinner, Chairman of the board Key lessons learned from his new book «Doing Digital»
- 14:00 BankiFi, Connie Dorrestijn, Founding Partner «The banks that are Doing Digital well»
- 14:30 Coffee break
- 15:00 DNB, Rasmus Figenschou, EVP Innovation and payment, «DNB - Our Digital Transformation»
- 15:20 Swedbank, Luthon Hagvinprice & Jonny Youssef Heads of Innovation LC&I and GPFA
- 15:40 Gjensidige Forsikring, Thomas Kinge, Business Partner Technology and Infrastructure, «The digital journey in Gjensidige»
- 16:00 SpareBank1 Gruppen, Espen Kjølberg, Head of IT at SpareBank1 Development, “The digital journey in SB1 – the past and the future”.
- 16:20 Change Labs, Yaniv Levi CEO, «The banking AI revolution»
- 16:40 Panel discussion (speakers included CEO of Change Labs, Yaniv Levy)
- 16:55 Epilog by Chris Skinner
- 17:00 Tapas and networking